Start / News / Foreign student

Foreign student

In order to obtain a Finnish personal identity code (Henkilötunnus in Finnish, Personbeteckning in Swedish ) and you are a short-term student (more than three months, but less than one year), You need to:

  • fill in the form Request for registration of personal data in the population information system, you will  find the form on our website or you can ask the International Office Supports or Study Guidance for it,
  • bring (1) the form and your (2) passport or other official travel document and (3) the Certificate of Attendance in person to your Local Register Office (maistraatti/magistraten). If you already have a residence permit please bring it too.
  • you will also find contact information on our website